- Year Built: 2008
- Number of homes: 390 (Phase 1)
- Parking Type: Valet parking
- Home Sizes: One-bedroom homes, two-bedroom homes and three-bedroom homes
- Pets: Allowed, restrictions based on number, size, and type
- Amenities: Fitness center, full-size pool, spa, barbecue area, residents’ lounge area with catering kitchen and outdoor patio, City Car Share on site, free wifi in common areas, bicycle room, storage
Developer: Urban West Associates
Architect: Solomon Cordwell Buenz
Contractor (Phase One): Bovis Lend Lease
Contractor (Phase Two): Webcor Builders
Rising 60 stories, Phase One at One Rincon was completed in 2008 with 376 homes in the high-rise tower and 14 townhomes facing Harrison Street. Atop the tower is a 50,000-gallon water tank designed to counteract movement caused by winds coming off San Francisco Bay; this system keeps the building from swaying up to 16 inches (and residents from getting seasick in their homes high above San Francisco).
Phase Two of construction broke ground in July 2012, and is scheduled to be completed in mid- to late 2014. The tower in Phase Two will be 52 stories high and contain 299 residential units ranging in size from junior one-bedroom condos to three-bedroom plus den penthouses. There will be a 3,600-square-foot fitness center (compared to the 750-square-foot exercise room in Phase One) and a 4,000-square-foot penthouse “Sky Lounge” on the 49th floor. Residents of both phases will have access to all amenities including the pool, lounge area with catering kitchen and sun deck.
To maximize views from the homes atop Rincon Hill, the building is constructed with a glass curtain wall — providing floor-to-ceiling windows with no sills. Depending on the location of condo within the building, views are of downtown, San Francisco Bay and the Bay Bridge, the southern hills, Twin Peaks and the South Bay.